- Offers immediate comfort (no stinging upon application), moisturizes and protects your eyes from dryness and irritation for a long time
- Is preservative-free and usually very well tolerated
- Is phosphate-free, avoiding complications like deposits on the cornea.
- Is emulgator-free and lipid-free, nonetheless stabilizes the lipid layer of the tear film and protects the eyes against the excessive evaporation of tears
- Relieves itching and burning caused by inflammation and allergies
HYLO®-DUAL eye drops contain Sodium Hyaluronate (like in HYLO®) and Ectoine.
Ectoine, is a natural substance formed by microorganisms to protect themselves from extreme environments (e.g.: salt lakes or hot geysers). They adapt to these conditions by so-called extremolytes. Extremolytes like Ectoine are osmoprotective substances, which stabilize biological membranes.
Burning, itching, tearing, foreign body sensation can be caused by insufficient moisture or by hypersensitivities (i.e.: allergies). It can be difficult to differentiate between a dry and an allergic eye. Together Sodium Hyaluronate and Ectoine provide intensive long-lasting lubrication of the ocular surface and protect against the evaporation of tears to relieve itching and burning caused by inflammation and allergies.