Eye care professionals recommend moist heat therapy as a form of supplementary treatment for people suffering from dry eyes and other conditions of the eyelid. Hot or cold compresses can provide immediate relief from discomfort, and consistent use over time can help increase blood circulation, stimulate lipid oil production and reduce tear evaporation, thereby improving overall ocular health.
I-RELIEF™ Hot & Cold Therapy Eye Mask with ThermaBeads™ can help patients manage their dry eye condition from the mildest of symptoms to more chronic conditions such as MGD or Blepharitis.
What can I-RELIEF™ cold therapy help with?
Patients suffering from headaches, sinus pressure, and tension can benefit from I-RELIEF™ cold therapy, as it constricts blood vessels and helps to increase comfort. Patients who frequently use screens and electronic devices often “forget to blink” which can lead to eye strain and red, burning or painful eyes. I-RELIEF™ cold therapy can help alleviate all these symptoms.
Use hot therapy for relief of symptoms associated with Blepharitis, Dry Eye Disease, Meibomian gland disease (MGD), Styes and Chalazia.
1. I-RELIEF™ mask must be at room temperature before heating.
2. Insert I-RELIEF™ mask inside protective slipcover (optional) and place flat on clean microwave safe dish.
3. Set microwave power to high and heat for 20 seconds. Before applying, always touch the I- RELIEF™ mask with fingers first, to test for desired temperature. If the mask is too hot, allow it to cool for 1-2 minutes and test again. For additional heat, microwave in 5 second increments until desired temperature is reached. Do not exceed a maximum of 30 seconds of heating.
4. Place I-RELIEF™ mask over closed eyes and secure with adjustable strap, if preferred.
5. Wear for 3 to 5 minutes or as directed by a physician. Do not apply for more than 20 minutes at a time.
Use cold therapy to help relieve headaches, sinus pressure, tension, swelling and puffiness.
1. Insert I-RELIEF™ mask inside protective slipcover (optional) and place in a sealable plastic bag, in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Remove I-RELIEF™ mask from freezer and plastic bag, and place over closed eyes, securing with adjustable strap, if preferred. Wear for 5 to 7 minutes or as directed by a physician.